The Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section of the Idaho State Bar offers education, training, and networking opportunities to attorneys who practice in federal, state, and location taxation, probate, and trust law. The section meets at 12:00 p.m. noon (MT) on the second Tuesday of February, April, June, and November at The Law Center, 525 W. Jefferson Street in Boise. Meetings may be hybrid or via Zoom only. Please check email notices for confirmation of location.
Upcoming Meetings & Material
Next Meeting: Agenda | Material
To receive CLE credit for the Section Meeting’s CLE, click here.
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section Meeting on June 13, 2023 12:00 pm
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section Meeting on November 14, 2023 12:00 pm
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section Meeting on February 13, 2024 12:00 pm
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section Meeting on April 9, 2024 12:00 pm
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section Meeting on June 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Upcoming Events & Section Sponsored CLEs
- Past Meetings
- Meeting Minutes
- Section Sponsored Issues of The Advocate
- Section Sponsored CLE Courses On-Demand
- Tradewing Listserv
- Section Publications
- Trust & Estate Magazines
- Legal Resources
- Other Resources
- April 11, 2023 – Agenda | Material
- February 14, 2023 – Agenda | Material
- May 2, 2022 – Material
- November 9, 2021 – Agenda | Material
- June 8, 2021 – Agenda | Material
- May 18, 2021 – Material (CLE)
- November 10, 2020 – Agenda
- June 9, 2020 – Agenda | Material
- February 11, 2020 – Agenda | Material
- November 12, 2019 – Agenda | Material
- June 11, 2019 – Agenda | Material
- April 10, 2018 – Agenda | Material
- February 13, 2018 – Agenda
- December 4, 2017 – The Modern Trust | PowerPoint | Anatomy of the Perfect Modern Trust | Innovative Trust Designs
- November 14, 2017 – Agenda | Materials #1 | Materials #2
- June 30, 2017 – Section Member-Only CLE, PowerPoint Material
June 13, 2017– Canceled
- April 11, 2017 – Agenda | Materials
- February 14, 2017 – Agenda | CLE Materials
- August 2012
- August 2009
The following courses were sponsored by the Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section. They are available to watch on-demand (self-study) with 24/7 availability so you can easily view programs whenever and wherever it is convenient. Click on the course title to see the description of the course and the cost.
- 8th Annual Estate Planning Basics – 3.0 CLE credits of which 0.5 is Ethics – May 19, 2023
- 2022 Estate Planning Conference – 9.5 CLE credits of which 1.5 is Ethics – September 23, 2022
- 7th Annual Estate Planning Basics – 1.5 CLE credits of which 0.75 is Ethics – May 20, 2022
- 2021 Annual Estate Planning Conference – 9.25 CLE credits of which 0.5 is Ethics – September 23, 2021
- The Life Cycle of an Estate Plan: Understanding Estate Planning Strategies and Use of Basic Wills and Trusts – 2.0 CLE credits of which 1.0 is NAC – July 24, 2020
- 5th Annual Estate Planning Basics: An Overview of VA Benefits and Medicaid Planning – 3.0 CLE credits – May 2, 2019
- 2018 Annual Estate Planning Conference Main Sessions – 10.5 CLE credits – September 20, 2018
If you are a member of the Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section, you may elect to participate in our listserv. We welcome you to this helpful service, by and for our members!
- Within 30 days of becoming a Section member, your email address will be added to the listserv. You will need to activate your account; click here for a step-by-step guide to activating your account.
- To make the transition to our new provider easier, we have archived the emails from the former provider from the past two year. If you want to search those archives, please click here for an instruction sheet. This instruction sheet is also accessible under the Resources tab in the new platform.
- If you do not wish to participate in the listserv, you may click “Opt out of all emails” in your account settings; click here for a guide. You may also contact Carissa Carns with any questions.
The Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section has published many form books and guides over the years to help attorneys practicing in the area. They also offer presentation materials from the Annual Estate Planning Conference. Publications are available on USB Thumb Drive (PDF format).
To access ALL available publications that are available from the Idaho State Bar and Idaho Law Foundation click HERE.
To purchase a publication click HERE and fill out a request form.
Below are the publications available for this Section:
- 12-17 – ID Probate & Estate Admin Forms 2004 – USB (TAX Section Members) – $195
- 12-19 – ID Probate & Estate Admin Forms 2004 – USB (Non Member- TAX Section) – $240
- 11-21 – 2011 Handling Your First or Next Probate Case – $10
- 12-12 – 2012 Annual Advanced Estate Planning – $20
- 13-10 – 2013 Annual Advanced Estate Planning – $20
- 14-06 – 2014 Annual Advanced Estate Planning – $20
- 15-12 – 2015 Annual Estate Planning Conference – $20
- 16-07 – 2016 Annual Estate Planning Conference – $20
- 17-10 – 2017 Annual Estate Planning Conference – $20
- 19-45 – 2019 Annual Estate Planning Conference – $20
The Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section is pleased to announce a new working relationship with Trust & Estates Magazine. T&E has provided the link below for members that are interested in a discount subscription to their journal. Current subscribers will be able to take advantage of the discount rate upon the expiration of their current subscription. For a discount subscription, select: T&E Discount Subscription
- ABA Section of Dispute Resolution – Conflict Over End-of-Life Care: How Lawyers and Mediators Can Help Physicians and Families
- Idaho IRS Telephone Directory for Practitioners 2012
- Internal Revenue Service IR-2011-33
- Analyzing the 2010 Election Not to Incur the Federal Estate Tax
- Form 656 Booklet Offers in Compromise 2011
- Form 656-Booklet Offers in Compromise 2011 – Feedback Matrix
- 2011 Stakeholder Liaison Filing Season Letter
- IRS Updates and News ReleasesPractitioner Liaison Meeting Minutes – November 4, 2009
- Annual Meeting of the National Association of State Bar Tax Sections – 2009 Report
- New Developments in Idaho Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Practitioner Liaison Meeting Minutes – June 16, 2009
- Interview with Rick Poplack
If you are interested in joining the Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section, please register using the Section Registration Form.
Membership Dues are as follows:
Standard Membership Dues – $35
- Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section By-Laws
- Mission Goals and Strategic Plan
- List of Past Section Chairpersons
At Large Council Members
The Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section of the Idaho State Bar presents information on this website as a service to our members and others who provide legal services to or are interested in the fields of Taxation, Probate, and Trust law. Our goal is to provide information, education, and networking in this complex and wide-ranging area of the law.
While we strive to be accurate and timely and therefore hope to be a valuable resource to users of this site, nothing contained herein should be construed as legal advice and we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or the other sites to which we link.