FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Idaho State Bar recognizes North Central Idaho members at Annual Resolution Meeting
October 31, 2017-Lewiston, Idaho—The Idaho State Bar will be recognizing two of its North Central Idaho members during the Annual Second District Bar Association Resolution Meeting to be held at the Red Lion Hotel, 621 21st Street, Lewiston, on Thursday, November 2 at 5:45 p.m.
- Latah County Prosecutor William W. Thompson Jr. will receive the Professionalism Award, given to at least one attorney in each of Idaho’s seven judicial districts who has engaged in extraordinary activity in his or her community, in the state, or in the profession, which reflects the highest standards of professionalism. Thompson has been a member of the Idaho State Bar for 37 years and is a graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law. He resides in Moscow.
- Robert E. Wakefield with Wakefield & Dwelle in Moscow will receive the Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award, presented to the person(s) from each judicial district that has donated extraordinary time and effort to help clients who are unable to pay for legal services. Wakefield spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and thereafter volunteered in his community as a fireman for 15 years. A few years ago, Wakefield was instrumental in starting a legal clinic for veterans in Lewiston and he continues to support those efforts. He has committed his pro bono career to serving veterans by representing them individually, organizing will clinics and mentoring law students so that they can help carry out his mission. Wakefield has practiced law in Idaho for 25 years and is a graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law.
For more information about these recognitions or the Second District Bar Association Resolution Meeting, contact Idaho State Bar & Idaho Law Foundation Executive Director Diane Minnich at 208-334-4500.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Idaho State Bar recognizes North Idaho members at Annual Resolution Meeting
October 31, 2017-Coeur d’Alene, Idaho—The Idaho State Bar will be recognizing three of its North Idaho members during the Annual First District Bar Association Resolution Meeting to be held at North Idaho College on Thursday, November 2 at Noon.
- Ausey H. “Rusty” Robnett will receive the Professionalism Award, given to at least one attorney in each of Idaho’s seven judicial districts who has engaged in extraordinary activity in his or her community, in the state, or in the profession, which reflects the highest standards of professionalism. Robnett is with Lake City Law Group, PLLC, with offices in Coeur d’Alene and Priest River, Idaho and in Spokane, WA. He has been an Idaho lawyer for 33 years and is a graduate of Northwestern School of Law and Lewis and Clark College. Robnett resides in Coeur d’Alene.
- Alycia T. Moss will receive the Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award, presented to the person(s) from each judicial district that has donated extraordinary time and effort to help clients who are unable to pay for legal services. In 2016, Moss wrapped up 150 hours of pro bono work on an immigration case in which she obtained asylum for a victim of domestic violence while simultaneously engaging in ongoing representation of several other pro bono clients. Moss is with Smith + Malek with offices in Coeur d’Alene, Sandpoint and Boise. She has been practicing in Idaho for 12 years and is a graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law. Moss resides in Coeur d’Alene.
- The Honorable Debra A. Heise of Sandpoint will be recognized as a Retiring Judge. She served Bonner County and the First Judicial District as a Magistrate Judge. Judge Heise is a graduate of Florida State University School of Law.
For more information about these recognitions or the First District Bar Association Resolution Meeting, contact Idaho State Bar & Idaho Law Foundation Executive Director Diane Minnich at 208-334-4500.
Fighting Consumer Fraud and Identity Theft in Idaho
Join consumer protection experts from the Federal Trade Commission and the Idaho Attorney General’s office to learn:Save the date for a free webinar about fighting consumer fraud and identity theft in Idaho on November 16th at 1:00 PM MT/12 noon PT.
- the top scams reported in Idaho
- how to avoid common scams
- how to avoid and recover from identity theft
- how you can get free consumer education materials to share with your community
- how you can work with the FTC and the Idaho Attorney General’s office to protect people from scams and identity theft
Who should participate?
The free webinar is for anyone in Idaho who wants to learn how to protect people from scams and identity theft. Join us if you:
- work for a legal services provider or social service provider
- work in law enforcement
- are a financial educator or librarian
- are a leader in your business community
- are a leader in your faith community
- are a member of a military organization
- want to learn how to help people in your community avoid fraud
Participate on your own, invite others in your area, or hold a watch party for your colleagues and friends to watch the webinar together. Please share this webinar invitation with others in Idaho who are interested in fighting fraud and identity theft.
How can you participate?
Advance registration is not available, so, for now, save the date.
On November 16th at 1:00 PM MT/12 noon PT:
- Call 1-800-230-1059 and give the operator the webinar name: Fighting Consumer Fraud and Identity Theft in Idaho
- Then log in to join the webinar
If you have trouble joining the webinar on November 16th, you can download the presentation at Consumer.gov/StateWebinars
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendment to Appellate Rule on Certified Questions From a Federal Court.
Effective January 1, 2018, I.A.R. 12.3 on certification of a question of law from a United States Court has been amended with the intent to expedite these cases. Any opposition to the certification will have to be filed with the Supreme Court within seven days of the date of the filing of the order of certification and the filing of briefs will follow an expedited schedule set out in the rule. In addition, if oral argument is held, it will be given priority on the court’s calendar behind arguments in custody appeals filed pursuant to I.A.R. 11.1 or 12.1. The order amending the rule can be found at https://isc.idaho.gov/rules/Order_Amending_IAR_12.3.01.18.pdf.
ONE DAY EVENT OCTOBER 13, 2017
SAVE 25% on full priced purchases online, by phone and in Retail stores when using your Corporate Membership card.
First time members only: Enroll at Membership.BrooksBrothers.com with Organization ID# 11642 and Pin Code# 53832
Has your membership card expired or been misplaced: Renew online anytime and select #4 at www.brooksbrothers.com/cis/corprenewal.tem
HOW TO SHOP
In-Store: Present your Corporate Membership Card, temporary shopping pass or email confirmation at time of purchase. Discount valid in Retail Stores only.
To Shop Online: For online purchases, you will need to complete an additional step. Note: Billing and shipping address will need to match the address provided when enrolling for a corporate membership card to receive the savings online.
Allow 20 minutes after you enroll before creating your Corporate Online profile.
- Your discount will automatically be applied to your order at the last page of checkout.
*An exclusive offer for enrolled Brooks Brothers Corporate Members. Offer is valid Friday, October 13, 2017 until 11:59 pm, ET, online and by phone (for shipments to U.S. or Canada only) and until the close of regular business hours in all U.S. and Canadian Brooks Brothers Retail stores. Not valid in Factory stores. Visit BrooksBrothers.com/stores for store listings. Please present your non-transferable Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card, temporary shopping pass or email confirmation at the time of purchase. 25% discount is in lieu of your standard Corporate Membership discount or other promotion or discount, and does not apply to sale merchandise. In order to receive your discount for online purchases, your billing and shipping address must match the address provided when enrolling for a Corporate Membership Card. Excludes Red Fleece, Golden Fleece, made to measure and special order clothing purchases, and applies to only select accessories and select Brooks Brothers shoe styles only. Discount may not be applied toward taxes, shipping and handling, monogramming and engraving, alterations or personalization. Not valid on previous purchases or for the purchase of gift cards or charitable items. If you return some or all merchandise the dollar value of the promotion will not be refunded or credited to your account. Void where prohibited by law. No cash value where prohibited, then the cash value is 1/100 cent.
Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership
Toll-Free: 1.866.515.4747, M-F, 9am-5pm, ET
INVESTITURE OF JUDGE DAVID C. NYE – 10/13
Friday, October 13, 2017
3:00 p.m. (MT)
801 E. Sherman Street – Pocatello, ID
You are invited to the investiture of Judge David C. Nye in Pocatello on Friday, October 13th.
We look forward to seeing you there!