The Idaho State Bar is planning the 2021 Annual Meeting for July 21st to July 23rd at the Boise Centre East in downtown Boise.
We have some excellent speakers and CLE sessions planned. We are requesting input from bar members that would potentially register for the meeting to gauge in-person attendees versus webcast attendees.
It’s been a long year and we are hoping to bring back the Annual Meeting social events that so many members enjoy! Please give us your opinion on attending these events in different types of venues if we are able to hold them.
We will be following COVID-19 capacity limitations for in-person attendance and protocols as required or recommended at the time of the program or event. The Boise Centre follows stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention programs to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus. You can find more information here on their Clean and Safe Plan.
We expect to open registration by June 1st so watch your email for more information .We appreciate you taking the time to complete this quick survey so that we can make the Annual Meeting as successful and safe for everyone as possible.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Teresa Baker via email or phone at 208-334-4500.
This survey will be open until Friday, April 23rd.
Recent Court Order In Re: Adoption of Newly Formatted Idaho Rules of Family Law Procedure, effective July 1, 2021. The order is posted on the Supreme Court’s website: https://isc.idaho.gov/recent-amendments.
Full rules available on the court’s website
Each year the Idaho State Bar Board of Commissioners presents awards to members of the Bar who demonstrate exemplary leadership, professionalism and commitment to the legal profession and to the public. Nominations can be submitted at any time, but the deadline to be included in the current year is at the end of March, with selections in May.
Today Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 6 pm MST. Mansfield Civil Discourse Dialogues, University of Montana
Join the Federal Bar Association Idaho Chapter for Election, Litigation & Recounts, a CLE featuring speakers, Phil McGrane, Ada County Clerk, Jan Bennetts, Ada County Prosecutor and Matt Gordon, Perkins Coie, LLP.
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm MST
1.0 CLE credits (pending)
$10 Non-FBA Members
FREE for FBA Members
To Register, call (208) 867-8169 or email email@example.com
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic many of the Idaho State Bar Practice Sections and District Bars have sponsored free continuing education courses to serve all members of the Bar.
The list of these CLEs are below and include links to take you right to the page where you can register for the course using our online CLE platform. You may also search for the word “free” in our online CLE platform to see a full list here.
The live courses will be available for free on-demand viewing approximately a week after the live course. Separate registration is necessary to watch the on-demand version.
Please note that on-demand CLE courses count as self-study MCLE credit and you are limited to 15 credits per 3-year reporting period.
Upcoming Free Live Courses
- Principles, Processes, and People: An Insider’s Look at the Workings of the Idaho Supreme Court – April 22, 2021
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm MT – Sponsored by the Seventh District Bar Association and the Eagle Rock Chapter of the American Inns of Court – 1.0 CLE credit – NAC approved (pending)
- Advising in University Title IX Investigations and Hearings – April 29, 2021
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm MT – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association, the Idaho Women Lawyers, the University of Idaho College of Law, the Idaho State Bar Young Lawyers and Diversity Sections and the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program – 1.5 CLE credits (pending)
Free On-Demand Recorded Courses
- An Afternoon with Judge Ryan D. Nelson of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals -Sponsored by the 7th District Bar Association and the Eagle Rock Chapter of the American Inns of Court –
1.0 CLE credit
- Big Data & Briefs: An Introduction to Law & Corpus Linguistics – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar, Idaho State Bar Young Lawyers and Appellate Practice Sections – 3.25 CLE credits
- 2021 Fourth District Bar Association Spring Case Review – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 6.0 CLE Credits – 5.5 NAC Approved 1.0 Ethics
- Bankruptcy Basics Series – Part 1 – Definitions and Client Consultation – Sponsored by the Idaho State Bar Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section – 1.0 CLE credit
- The Nuts and Bolts of a Jury Trial During the Covid-19 Pandemic – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 CLE credit
- Inside the Ybarra v. Legislature of the State of Idaho & Idaho Board of Education Case – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association and the Idaho State Bar Young Lawyer’s Section – 1.0 CLE credit – NAC Approved
- Serving the Needs of our Military Service Member Clients – Sponsored by the Idaho Law Foundation, Inc. and the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 CLE credit
- An Idiosyncratic, Incomplete, and Completely Biased History of the Idaho Federal District Court – Sponsored by the Idaho Federal District Court – 1.0 CLE credit
- Elections and Voting Issues During the Pandemic – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association and the Idaho State Bar Young Lawyer’s Section – 1.0 CLE credit – NAC Approved
- Limitations of Government Authority in Response to a Public Health Emergency
Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 CLE credit
- Insurance Implications of the COVID – 19 Pandemic – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 CLE credit
- Legal Issues with Returning Employees to Work During the Pandemic – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 CLE credit
- Ethics During the Pandemic: Remote Work, Remote Court and Welcoming Clients Back to the Office – Sponsored by the 4th District Bar Association – 1.0 Ethics credits
- Well-Being and Trauma Responsive Workplaces – Sponsored by the Idaho State Bar Lawyers’ Assistance Program and the Idaho State Liquor Division – 1.0 Ethics credits
Please Note: You will not be eligible to receive additional credit for the CLEs listed above that you have watched in the past.