The Animal Law Section of the Idaho State Bar promotes the education, training, and networking of animal law practitioners. The section meets at 12:00 p.m. noon (MT) on the fourth Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October, and December at The Law Center, 525 W. Jefferson Street in Boise. Meetings may be hybrid or via Zoom only. Please check email notices for confirmation of location.
Upcoming Meetings & Material
Next Meeting: Agenda | Material
To receive credit for the Section Meeting’s CLE, click here.
- Animal Law Section Meeting on June 27, 2023 12:00 pm
- Animal Law Section Meeting on October 24, 2023 12:00 pm
- Animal Law Section Meeting on December 26, 2023 12:00 pm
- Animal Law Section Meeting on February 27, 2024 12:00 pm
- Animal Law Section Meeting on April 23, 2024 12:00 pm
- February 28. 2023 – Agenda
- October 25, 2022 – Agenda | Material
- August 25, 2020 – Agenda | Materials | Materials
- June 23, 2020 – Agenda | Materials
- April 28, 2020 – Agenda | Materials
- February 11, 2020 – Agenda
- December 12, 2019 – Agenda | Materials
- October 8th, 2019 – Agenda | Materials
- August 13, 2019 – Agenda | Materials
- April 9, 2019 – Agenda | Materials
- February 12, 2019 – Agenda
- April 10, 2018 – Agenda
- February 13, 2018 – Agenda
- December 12, 2017 – Agenda
- October 10, 2017 – Agenda | Materials | PowerPoint
- August 8, 2017 – Agenda | Materials
- June 13, 2017 – Agenda
- April 11, 2017 – Agenda
- February 14, 2017 – Agenda
November 18, 2013
Linda Pall – Review of U.S. v. Park
August 12, 2013
Matt Hands – Pets Best Insurance
June 10, 2013
Dr. Scott Leibsle DVM, DABVP – Animal Care Investigations
April 8, 2013
Adam P. Karp – Animals and the Law of 1983
March 11, 2013
Idaho Brand Board’s Role in Animal ID Health & Care
February 11, 2013
Adam P. Karp – Getting Emotional: An Exploration of National Caselaw Trends in Pursuit of Non-Economic Damages in Animal Injury & Death Cases
The following courses were sponsored by the Animal Law Section. They are available to watch on-demand (self-study) with 24/7 availability so you can easily view programs whenever and wherever it is convenient. Click on the course title to see the description of the course and the cost.
- Animal Law 101 – 3.0 CLE credits of which 2 are NAC credits
If you are interested in joining the Animal Law Section, please register using the Section Registration Form.
Membership dues are as follows:
Standard Membership Dues – $30
Attorneys Admitted to ISB Less Than 3 Years – $15
Law Students – $15
To view the section’s by-laws, select: Animal Law Section By-Laws.
At Large Council Members
The Animal Law Section of the Idaho State Bar presents information on this web site as a service to our members and others who provide legal services to or are interested in the field of animal law. Our goal is to provide information, education and networking in this complex area of the law.
While we strive to be accurate and timely and therefore hope to be a valuable resource to users of this site, nothing contained herein should be construed as legal advice and we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or the other sites to which we link.