FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Idaho State Bar recognizes Wood River Valley and Magic Valley members at Annual Resolution Meeting
November 9, 2017-Twin Falls, Idaho—The Idaho State Bar will be recognizing six of their Wood River Valley and Magic Valley members during the Annual Fifth District Bar Association Resolution Meeting to be held at the Stone House (330 4th Ave. S.) in Twin Falls on Tuesday, November 14 at 6:00 pm.
- Andrew H. Parnes will receive the Professionalism Award, given to at least one attorney in each of Idaho’s seven judicial districts who has engaged in extraordinary activity in his or her community, in the state, or in the profession, which reflects the highest standards of professionalism. Parnes with the Law Office of Andrew Parnes in Ketchum is a graduate of the University of California-Berkeley School of Law and has practiced law in Idaho for 27 years.
- Two individuals will receive the Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award, presented to the person(s) from each judicial district who have donated extraordinary time and effort to help clients who are unable to pay for legal services.
- Brian Williams with Williams, Meservy & Lothspeich, LPP of Jerome, dedicated 100 hours of pro bono work on a guardianship petition for a vulnerable adult and has been volunteering at the College of Southern Idaho’s Legal Clinic. Williams attended law school at the University of Idaho.
- Bruce Collier with Kneeland, Korb, Collier & Legg PLLC spent 50 hours providing legal service to a local woman needing assistance on family law matters. Collier is a graduate of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law.
- Fifth Judicial District Judges Robert Elgee of Hailey and Michael Crabtree of Burley, will be recognized as Retiring Judges. Elgee, a graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law, was chambered in Blaine County. Crabtree attended law school at the University of Kansas and was chambered in Cassia County.
- Donald Chisholm with Chisholm Law Office in Burley will be recognized for his 50th Year Anniversary of admission into the Idaho State Bar. He attended the University of San Francisco School of Law.
For more information about these recognitions or the Fifth District Bar Association Resolution Meeting, contact Idaho State Bar & Idaho Law Foundation Executive Director Diane Minnich at 208-334-4500.