Combating Bias & Protecting Constitutional Rights Summit -September 17
Sponsored by the Concordia University School of Law, Idaho State Bar Diversity Section and Idaho Women Lawyers
September 17, 2019
1:00 – 5:45 p.m. (MT)
Concordia University School of Law
501 W. Front Street – Boise, ID
**Live Webcast Available via WebEX
3.5 CLE credits of which 2.0 are Ethics
Registration begins at 12:30 p.m.
Celebrate Constitution Day by attending a summit for discussion on protecting Constitutional rights and combating bias.
Three panels will address the problem of implicit bias, gender bias and bias in the criminal justice system. Offering a variety of perspectives, this Summit aims to explore the problem of bias and to examine the many ways it may impact both the legal profession and our system of justice. Speakers include:
- Det. Blake Slater, Special Victims Unit, Boise Police Department
- Niki Flock, Victim Witness Coordinator, Boise Police Department
- McKay Cunningham, Associate Professor, Concordia University School of Law
- Latonia Haney Keith, Interim Dean and Associate Dean of Academics, Concordia University School of Law
- Jodi Nafzger, Associate Professor, Concordia University School of Law
- Kraig Smikel, Boise City Attorney’s Office
- Abby Thiry, Canyon County Public Defender’s Office
The event will end with a reception from 4:30 to 5:45.
The event is free but you must register to attend. We hope you will join us for this important discussion.
WEBCAST Participants: You will be provided login information for the webcast the day before the event via email. The course will not be webcast through ISB’s webcast system. For questions regarding webcast registration, please email Teresa Baker.