The Child Protection Section meets at 12:00 p.m. (MT) on the fourth Friday of the month at The Law Center, 525 W. Jefferson Street in Boise. Participation via telephone conference is also available.
Upcoming Meetings & Material
Next meeting: Agenda | Material |Material| Governing Council Agenda
- Child Protection Section Meeting on February 28, 2020 12:00 pm
- Child Protection Section Meeting on March 27, 2020 12:00 pm
- Child Protection Section Meeting on April 24, 2020 12:00 pm
- Child Protection Section Meeting on May 22, 2020 12:00 pm
- Child Protection Section Meeting on June 26, 2020 12:00 pm
To participate in the next scheduled meeting, you may RSVP at least 24-hours in advance via email to Dayna Ferrero – please specify if you will be attending in-person or via telephone conference. A meeting agenda and/or any additional materials (if available) will be provided to all participants via email prior to the meeting and posted online for reference. NOTE: Section meeting dates/location are subject to change.
Court Improvement Program Presents Topics on Child Protection
The Idaho State Bar Child Protection Section is pleased to announce the ability of our members to benefit from the programs of the Capacity Building Center for Courts. We will post upcoming courses presented by the Center here on our webpage. Please check back for updates on monthly programs that are offered free of charge.
The Capacity Building Center for Courts is excited to bring you an all new series of engaging, and inspiring recorded talks by nationally recognized child welfare experts. The talks focus on different aspects of the court’s role in providing high quality representation and multi-disciplinary support to families, with the goal of preventing removal whenever possible. A new CIP Talk will premiere the first Monday of each month in 2020 followed by a virtual Q&A with the speaker.
- Monday, February 3 at 12:00 PST/3:00 EST – Be one of the first to watch Angela Vigil’s, Partner and Executive Director of the Pro Bono Practice at Baker and McKenzie LLP, talk: “Why Every Child in Foster Care Would Benefit from High Quality Legal Representation” by clicking this link. You can join in the discussion during and after the premiere at this link. After the premiere, the videos will be available online for you to watch again, share with colleagues, and include in trainings.
Upcoming premieres (first Monday of the month at 12:00 PST/3:00 EST):
- Monday, March 2, Sheldon Spotted Elk “Family Justice in Indian County.”
- Monday, April 6, Monique Mitchell “What Every Judge and Attorney Needs to Know about the Trauma of Removal.”
- Monday, May 4, Christopher Church “How Attorneys and Judges Can Help Reduce the Need for Foster Care and Family Separation”
- Idaho Children and Families Institute
Other Presentation Material
If you are interested in joining the Child Protection Section, please complete the Section Registration Form and return with payment to Dayna Ferrero at the Idaho State Bar, PO Box 895, Boise, Idaho 83701.
Membership dues are as follows:
2019 Standard Membership Dues – $25
Non-ISB Members (i.e. law professors, law students, judicial law clerks, general public, etc.) – $10
The Section’s by-laws are available online here: Child Protection Section Bylaws
January 24, 2020
AGENDA | MATERIALS| MATERIALS| GOVERNING COUNCIL AGENDA
December 17, 2019
GOVERNING COUNCIL AGENDA
October 25, 2019 – AGENDA (MEMBER MEETING) | MATERIALS | (GOVERNING COUNCIL AGENDA)
August 23, 2019 – AGENDA (Member Meeting) | MATERIALS # 1| Materials #2
July 24, 2019 – AGENDA (Member Meeting)
May 24, 2019 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting) | AGENDA (Member Meeting) | MATERIALS #1 | MATERIALS #2
April 26, 2019 – AGENDA
April 18, 2019 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting)
March 22, 2019 – AGENDA | MATERIAL
March 22, 2019 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting)
February 22, 2019 – AGENDA | MATERIAL
February 22, 2019 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting)
January 25, 2019 – AGENDA | MATERIALS
January 25, 2019 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting)
November 16, 2018 – AGENDA (Governing Council Meeting)
October 26, 2018 – AGENDA | MATERIALS
September 7, 2018 – MATERIALS
January 24, 2020 – Governing Council Meeting
January 24, 2020 – Section Meeting
December 17, 2019– Governing Council Meeting
October 25, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
October 25, 2019 – Section Meeting
August 23, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
August 23, 2019 – Section Meeting
July 24, 2019 – Annual Meeting Minutes
May 24, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
May 24, 2019 – Section Meeting
April 26, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
March 22, 2019
February 22, 2019
February 22, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
January 25, 2019 – Governing Council Meeting
November 16, 2018 – Governing Council Meeting
October 26, 2018
September 24, 2018 – Bylaw Committee Meeting
September 7, 2018
The Child Protection Section of the Idaho State Bar presents information on this web site as a service to our members and others who provide legal services. Our goal is to provide information, education and networking in this complex and wide ranging area of the law.
While we strive to be accurate and timely, and therefore hope to be a valuable resource to users of this site, nothing contained herein should be construed as legal advice and we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or the other sites to which we link.