Eastern Idaho attorneys & judges receive awards at the Seventh District Bar Annual Resolution Meeting
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 7, 2018-The Idaho State Bar will present three awards to Eastern Idaho attorneys and will recognize two judges at the Seventh District Bar Annual Resolution Meeting scheduled for Friday, November 9. The meeting will be held at the Marriott Residence Inn, 635 W. Broadway Street in Idaho Falls, beginning at Noon.
- James C. Arnold with the Law Firm of Petersen, Parkinson & Arnold will receive the Professionalism Award. Mr. Arnold has dedicated his career to helping injured people by protecting their legal rights. An active member of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Mr. Arnold is a certified Worker’s Compensation Specialist. He has been a member of the Idaho Industrial Commission Advisory Committee and is a fellow of the National College of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys. He graduated from the University of Idaho College of Law and in 1987 was admitted to practice law in Idaho.
The Idaho State Bar Professionalism Awards are given to at least one attorney in each of Idaho’s seven judicial districts who has engaged in extraordinary activity in his or her community, in the state, or in the profession, which reflects the highest standards of professionalism.
- Alan F. Johnston is an Idaho Falls native who has been practicing law for 10 years. He will be receiving the Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award. Mr. Johnston is with the Law Firm of Murray Ziel & Johnston, PLLC. He tries to have at least one pro bono case on his desk at all times. Most recently, he represented a domestic violence survivor in her custody case and also represented a man in an administrative law matter. Mr. Johnston is a graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law.
The Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Awards are presented to the person(s) from each judicial district that have donated extraordinary time and effort to help clients who are unable to pay for services.
- Retired attorney Herman Larry Spilker of Ammon will be recognized for his 50 year anniversary of admission into the Idaho State Bar. He was admitted to practice law on September 27, 1968. Mr. Spilker is a graduate of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law.
- The Honorable Stephen J. Clark will be recognized by the Bar for his dedication and service as a Seventh District Magistrate Judge in Lemhi County. Judge Clark retired earlier this year. A graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law, Judge Clark was admitted into the Idaho State Bar in 1982.
- The Honorable Alan C. Stephens will be recognized by the Bar for his dedication and service as a Seventh Judicial District Judge. Judge Stephens retired earlier this year. A graduate of the University of Idaho College of Law, Judge Stephens was admitted into the Idaho State Bar in 1978.