ISB 2015 Annual Meeting
The Idaho State Bar 2015 Annual Meeting will be held July 22-24 at The Sun Valley Resort in Sun Valley, Idaho.
Attendees will be given the opportunity to earn 10.0 CLE Credits, including more than 2.0 hours of Ethics. Programs will be offered through the Idaho Law Foundation Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Committee, Idaho State Bar Practice Sections, University of Idaho College of Law, Concordia University School of Law, and the Idaho Legal History Society. Topics will include:
- Alienation and Reunification in High Conflict Situations
- Diversity Issues and the Current State of the Law in the Ninth Circuit
- Drones: Idaho, the West and Abroad
- Employment and Labor Law Update
- Ethics & Brady v. Maryland
- Idaho Courts: Transitioning to the Electronic Record
- Idaho Legal History: Advancing the Rule of Law Part II
- Legal Ethics and DR: A Duty to Seek Cooperative Solutions or a Fight to the Bitter End?
- Lessons from the Masters
- Protecting Your Law Firm’s Confidential Data
- SCOTUS on Marriage Equality: Analysis of the Arguments and the (Possible) Decision
- Social Media Inquiring in Potential Jury Investigation and Voir Dire
- Second Amendment: Origins, History and Current Developments
- Trustee Selection in Idaho
Additionally, several social events allow for reconnecting with friends and meeting new people:
- Bar Presidents' Reception
- Distinguished Lawyer Awards Dinner
- Plenary Session
- Service Awards Luncheon
- Community Service Project
- 50/60/65 Years of Admission Celebration
- Social Networking BBQ Luncheon
- Exhibition Hall
Registration & On-Site Agenda Available in Late May!
Hon. Rebecca Love Kourlis
Hon. Rebecca Love Kourlis is the Executive Director and a founder of IAALS, the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System at the University of Denver, which is focused on continuous improvement of our legal system. She has dedicated her career, both in and out of the courts, to ensuring that the system provides justice for all.
Kourlis, a daughter of the West and a Colorado native, began her legal career in her home state, first at a large firm in Denver and then at her own small practice in rural northwest Colorado.
Upon appointment to the bench, she served Colorado’s judiciary for nearly two decades, first as a trial court judge and then as a justice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
During her time in the courts, Kourlis witnessed a system increasingly under attack from outside forces and ultimately failing to deliver the justice she swore to uphold. So, in January 2006, she resigned from the Supreme Court to do something about it.
She will speak on Redesigning the Courts to Meet the Needs of Litigants.
The Idaho State Bar has arranged for lodging room blocks for attendees to receive the reduced room rates at the following facility:
To become an exhibitor, please fill out and submit the 2015 ISB Annual Meeting Exhibitor Registration Form.
To become a sponsor, please contact Mahmood Sheikh, (208) 334-4500.
For information regarding area attractions near the ISB 2015 Annual Meeting, please go to www.visitsunvalley.com