Health Law Section of the Idaho State Bar is looking for member input to design and develop programs and activities for the coming year. Contact the Section Chairperson below if you have ideas or are interested to participate in the work of the section. The section meets at 12:00 p.m. noon (MT) on the first Thursday of February, April, June, August, October, and December at The Law Center, 525 W. Jefferson Street in Boise. Participation via telephone conference is also available.
Upcoming Meetings & Material
Next Meeting: Agenda | Material
- February 4, 2021 – Agenda | Material
- December 3, 2020 – Agenda
- August 6, 2020 – Agenda | Material
- June 4, 2020 – Agenda | Material
- February 6, 2020 – Agenda | Material | Add Material
- December 5, 2019 – Agenda | Materials
- October 3, 2019 – Materials
- June 6, 2019 – Agenda
- April 4, 2019 – Agenda
- February 7, 2019 – Agenda | DisAbility Rights Idaho | Courtney Holthus, Staff Attorney, DisAbility Rights Idaho
- December 6, 2018 – The Attorney’s Guide to Business Valuations | Chris David, CPA/ABV, ASA Health Value Group
- December 7, 2017 – Are Your Opioid Prescriptions for a Legitimate Medical Purpose? | Terrence S. Jones, Quane Jones McColl, PLLC
- October 5, 2017 – Clinical Trial Agreement Provisions – The Nits | Michael C. Roach, JD, MHSA, MA, CHRC, CIP
- August 3, 2017 – Behavioral Health Update 2017: Idaho & Beyond | Sharon C. Peters & Eric J. Neiman
- June 1, 2017 (Joint Meeting with Intellectual Property Law Section) – Considerations for License Agreements in the Healthcare Industry | Mellisa Maxwell, CIPP/US, Associate General Counsel & Privacy Officer, Healthwise
- April 6, 2017 – A Comprehensive Review of the Federal 340B Drug Discount Program | William von Oehsen, Principal, Powers Pyles Sutter & Verville, PC
- February 2, 2017
December 1, 2016 – Moved to December 7, 2016 for a joint meeting with the Real Property Law Section – Medical Indigency Presentation| Hospital Lien Laws
- October 6, 2016
- August 4, 2016
- June 2, 2016 – HIPAA Hot Topics
- April 7, 2016
- February 4, 2016
Section Sponsored Issues of The Advocate
Section Sponsored CLE Courses On-Demand
The following courses were sponsored by the Health Law Section. They are available to watch on-demand (self-study) with 24/7 availability so you can easily view programs whenever and wherever it is convenient. Click on the course title to see the description of the course and the cost.
If you are interested in joining the Health Law Section, complete the Section Registration Form and return with payment of $25 to Dayna Ferrero at the Idaho State Bar, PO Box 895, Boise, Idaho 83701.
To view the section’s by-laws, select: Health Law Section By-Laws.
The Health Law Section of the Idaho State Bar presents information on this website as a service to our members and others who provide legal services to or are interested in the field of health law. Our goal is to provide information, education, and networking in this complex area of the law.
While we strive to be accurate and timely and therefore hope to be a valuable resource to users of this site, nothing contained herein should be construed as legal advice and we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or the other sites to which we link.