CLE Credits and Wonderful Memories Await You!
The Idaho Law Foundation has partnered with Destination CLEs to offer our members the opportunity to get your CLE credits, while enjoying a vacation in a unique and wonderful location. Combine your time out of the office with family time or travel with colleagues as a retreat. Mark your calendars for the six courses open for registration and check back here for updates on more exciting locales and CLE topics.
Estate Planning: Beyond the Basics – Waikiki, Hawaii – December 4-8, 2023 – ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach is known for its breathtaking white sand beaches, turquoise blue water, and backdrop of Diamond Head Crater.
CLE Sessions – 12 CLE credits
- Drafting Documents, the Fees, and Follow-Ups
- Trusts & Strategies of All Kinds
- The Financial Planning Side of Estate Planning
- Avoiding Ethical Dilemmas in Estate Planning
- Wills or Trusts by Everyone?
- What Not to Forget and How Not to Forget it!
Client Rights to Privacy and Everything Else – Savannah, Georgia – January 15-19, 2024 – Cancelled
Cuban Law and Legal Reforms in a New Period of US-Cuba Relations – Havana, Cuba – February 15-19, 2024
Discover the enchantment of Havana, where time stands still in vibrant moments!
CLE Sessions – 6 CLE credits
- Introduction to the Cuban Legal System and Principles
- Cuba in Transition: The Rule of Law as Part of Cuban Reforms
- The New Cuban Economy, Private Sector Regulation, and Socio-Economic Reform
- US-Cuba Relations: Legal and Diplomatic Perspectives
- Gender & Sex Equality in Cuba
Everything Common Law – Edinburgh, Scotland – June 8-15, 2024
Embrace the majestic beauty of a land steeped in history and learn in the Highlands! Common law in the U.S. may have evolved in the U.K., but the two lines diverged hundreds of years ago. Come hear how the law evolved from feudal times and changed with landmark cases. Our expert presenters will take us through a fantastic journey of present-day law in the U.K. and how it compares on all manner of topics: contracts, trials, malpractice, privacy, immigration, property, and more.
CLE Sessions – 12 CLE credits including 2 Ethics credits
- Common Law and Common Origins: Legal History of England, Scotland, and the US
- Judges and Trials in the UK
- Connecting Constitutions: UK Influence and Famous Scots
- Mastering International Business Law
- Gambling Everywhere and Chaos in the Law
- Tech Is Changing Everything: AI, Privacy and More
- Malpractice Standards: Scotland, England, and the US
- Remedies by Country: Damages vs. Performance
- Immigration After Brexit and Crossing the Pond