Everything Common Law – Edinburgh, Scotland – June 8-15, 2024
The Idaho Law Foundation has partnered with Destination CLEs to offer our members the opportunity to get your CLE credits, while enjoying a vacation in a unique and wonderful location. Combine your time out of the office with family time or travel with colleagues as a retreat.
Embrace the majestic beauty of a land steeped in history and learn in the Highlands! Common law in the U.S. may have evolved in the U.K., but the two lines diverged hundreds of years ago. Come hear how the law evolved from feudal times and changed with landmark cases. Our expert presenters will take us through a fantastic journey of present-day law in the U.K. and how it compares on all manner of topics: contracts, trials, malpractice, privacy, immigration, property, and more.
CLE Sessions – 12 CLE credits including 2 Ethics credits
- Common Law and Common Origins: Legal History of England, Scotland, and the US
- Judges and Trials in the UK
- Connecting Constitutions: UK Influence and Famous Scots
- Mastering International Business Law
- Gambling Everywhere and Chaos in the Law
- Tech Is Changing Everything: AI, Privacy and More
- Malpractice Standards: Scotland, England, and the US
- Remedies by Country: Damages vs. Performance
- Immigration After Brexit and Crossing the Pond