Sponsored by the Idaho Law Foundation, Inc. in partnership with Abila and WebCredenza, Inc.
**Live Audio Stream Only
1.0 Ethics credit
Registration Fee: $55.00
The real estate industry is fiercely competitive as developers and contractors, investors and lenders, brokers and others – often with the aid of legal counsel – seek advantage. This can easily present real estate lawyers with ethical dilemmas. Conflicts of interest are rife. There are issues of communicating and negotiating with unrepresented parties. There are also issues of taking an equity stake in a real estate venture in lieu of fees. Sometimes, too, there is the discovery that a client is engaged in wrongdoing. These and many other ethical issues arise in real estate practice. This program will provide you with a real world guide to common ethics issues in real estate practice.
- Joint representations of a business entity and its owners in a real estate transaction
- Representation of a client with adverse interests in unrelated transactions
- Receipt of deal equity in exchange for legal services
- Communications with unrepresented parties – and with represented parties
- Inadvertent disclosure of confidential deal terms
- Special issues when client wrongdoing is discovered