The Idaho State Bar Board of Commissioners is now soliciting nominations for professional awards. These awards were initiated by the Board of Commissioners to highlight members who demonstrate exemplary leadership, direction, and commitment in their profession.
- Distinguished Lawyer – This award is given to an attorney (or attorneys) each year who has distinguished the profession through exemplary conduct and many years of dedicated service to the profession and to Idaho citizens.
- Distinguished Jurist Award – This award recognizes excellence, integrity, and independence by a member of the judiciary. Nominees are selected for their competence, fairness, goodwill, and professionalism.
- Professionalism Awards – These awards are given to at least one attorney in each of Idaho’s seven judicial districts who has engaged in extraordinary activity in his or her community, in the state, or in the profession, which reflects the highest standards of professionalism.
- Pro Bono Awards – Pro bono awards are presented to attorneys from each of the judicial districts that have donated extraordinary time and effort to help clients who are unable to pay for services.
- Service Awards – Service awards are given each year to lawyers and non-lawyers for exemplary service to the Bar and/or Idaho Law Foundation.
- Outstanding Young Lawyer – The purpose of this award is to recognize a young lawyer who has provided service to the profession, the Idaho State Bar, Idaho Law Foundation, the community and who exhibits professional excellence.
- Section of the Year – The Practice Section of the Year Award is presented in recognition of a Section’s outstanding contribution to the Idaho State Bar, to their area of practice, to the legal profession, and to the community. Recipients of the awards will be announced in May.
Award nominations should include the following:
- Name of the award
- Name, address, phone, and email of the person(s) you are nominating
- A short description of the nominee’s activity in your community or in the state, which you believe brings credit to the legal profession and qualifies him or her for the award you have indicated
- Any supporting documents or letters you want to be included with the nomination
- Your name, along with your address, phone, and email
You can nominate a person for more than one award. Nominations are accepted throughout the year. Submit nominations to: Executive Director, Idaho State Bar, PO Box 895, Boise ID 83701 or email Diane Minnich.