The Intellectual Property Law Section of the Idaho State Bar is pleased to offer a scholarship to a law student with a demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in intellectual property law.
The Intellectual Property Law Scholarship will be awarded to the eligible applicant who best meets the Selection Criteria listed below, as determined by a committee of the Idaho State Bar’s Intellectual Property Law Section. The selected scholarship winner will receive a one-time award of $1,500.00, which will be presented to the winner during the Summer of 2022.
Law students preparing to be enrolled as a full-time student in their 2L or 3L year during the 2022–2023 academic year at an Idaho law school are eligible to apply for the Intellectual Property Law Scholarship.
The Scholarship recipient will be selected by a committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section based on the following criteria:
- Interest and commitment to pursuing a career in intellectual property law (patent, copyright, trademark, unfair competition, trade secret, and licensing issues) and anticipated involvement in this field in Idaho after receipt of the scholarship
- Dedication to the principles of ethics, civility, and professionalism
- Academic excellence
- Leadership and involvement with community service
Applicants are to submit the following for consideration:
- Personal statement (limit of two pages) detailing how the applicant meets the Selection Criteria
- Law School Transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
- List of three references, including name, relation to applicant, and contact information
Application materials are to be transmitted via e-mail to the Chair of the IP Law Section (Matthew Harvey at email@example.com) who will then distribute the application materials to the scholarship committee members. The submission email shall include “Intellectual Property Law Scholarship” in the subject line and body of the email.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time) on May 31, 2022, only. The Scholarship recipient will be selected in June 2022.
About the Intellectual Property Law Section
The Intellectual Property Law Section of the Idaho State Bar was founded in 1994 to enhance the skills of its members and to serve the interest of the public concerning the field of intellectual property law. There are over 100 members of the Intellectual Property Law Section, and membership is open to any member of the Idaho State Bar in good standing, any Registered Patent Agent in good standing, and any law student, law professor, or judicial clerk.
For additional information, please contact an officer of the Intellectual Property Law Section.