- Ads must be submitted in digital format on CD.
- Only the following graphic design formats are acceptable: The Advocate recommends, Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) for best results. The following PC file format is also acceptable: Tagged Image File Format (TIFF). All other formats will be refused. No Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, or Excel files.
- All graphics within a file must have a resolution of 300 dpi at 100% with the fonts fully embedded and must adhere to the measurements of the ad.
- When submitting an ad that includes graphics include the graphics as separate files in addition to your ad file.
- Allow for 1/8 ” bleed on all full and 1/2 page ads.
- Color ads must be CMYK.
This type of ad is a small vertical ad on the classified ad page. Classified ads are sold by the column inch; one column inch is 2 1/4 inches wide and 1 inch deep. The price is $50 per column inch. For example, an ad which is 2 1/2 inches deep and 1 column inch (2 1/4 inches) wide will cost $70.
Send ad copy and payment to: Advertising, The Advocate, P. O. Box 895, Boise, ID 83701. You must complete the Advertising Rates and Space Contract and specify the issues in which you want your ad to appear. For more information about classified or display ads, contact Advertising Coordinator or by telephone: (208) 334-4500 ext. 1865, Fax: (208) 334-4515 (Email preferred).