If you are having a professional graphic designer create your ad it must meet pre-press standards:
- Ads must be submitted in digital format on CD.
- Only the following graphic design formats are acceptable: The Advocate recommends, Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) for best results. The following PC file format is also acceptable: Tagged Image File Format (TIFF). All other formats will be refused. No Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, or Excel files.
- All graphics within a file must have a resolution of 300 dpi at 100% with the fonts fully embedded and must adhere to the measurements of the ad.
- When submitting an ad that includes graphics include the graphics as separate files in addition to your ad file.
- Allow for 1/8 ” bleed on all full and 1/2 page ads.
- Color ads must be CMYK.
This type of ad is a small vertical ad on the classified ad page. Classified ads are sold by the column inch; one column inch is 2 1/4 inches wide and 1 inch deep. The price is $50 per column inch. For example, an ad which is 2 1/2 inches deep and 1 column inch (2 1/4 inches) wide will cost $70.
Send ad copy and payment to: Advertising, The Advocate, P. O. Box 895, Boise, ID 83701. You must complete the Advertising Rates and Space Contract and specify the issues in which you want your ad to appear. For more information about classified or display ads, contact Advertising Coordinator or by telephone: (208) 334-4500 ext. 1865, Fax: (208) 334-4515 (Email preferred).
The Advocate Advertisement Payment Policy
The publisher requires all “first time” advertisers to prepay their first ad insertion. Subsequent monthly billing is accepted, and payment is due and payable 30 days from the invoice date. Advertising will be canceled when payment of published advertising is 60 days past due. For more information regarding payment, contact Advertising Coordinator or by telephone: (208) 334-4500 ext. 1865, Fax: (208) 334-4515 (Email preferred).
Publisher’s Copy Protection Policy
Advertisers and advertising agencies assume liability for all content (including text, representations and illustrations) of advertisements printed and assume responsibility of any claims arising thereof made against the publisher. The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertising not in keeping with its standards. All copy is subject to publisher’s approval.