Steps to Request a Fingerprint Card
- All applicants must submit a completed fingerprint card supplied by the Idaho State Bar.
- Please contact Belinda Brown to request a fingerprint card be sent to you. Include your name, complete mailing address, and the date of the bar exam for which you are applying (e.g., July 2017), or the type of admission for which you are applying (e.g., House Counsel, Reciprocal, UBE).
- A fingerprint card will be sent to you immediately.
- Contact a local law enforcement agency or fingerprinting service for completion of the fingerprint card. Some agencies have set hours or require appointments for fingerprinting; there may also be a fee involved. Be sure that the official taking your fingerprints signs and dates the card.
- Return this card to the Idaho State Bar by hand delivery or by mail (P.O. Box 895, Boise, ID 83701). If your fingerprints are taken more than 90 days before the Idaho State Bar receives your application, the card will not be accepted and you will have to submit a new card. We suggest that you wait until you are ready to submit your application to obtain your fingerprints so that your card won’t be rejected.
- Return a signed copy of the Noncriminal Justice Applicant Privacy Statement to the Idaho State Bar.
Please do not contact the Idaho State Bar Admissions Department regarding the status of your application until after you receive a confirmation letter and status sheet. The Status Sheet will identify the documents we have received, missing documentation, and may include requests for additional information related to the character and fitness investigation.