Through participation in mock trial students are given a hands-on opportunity to examine legal processes and issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross-examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case.
- September 15, 2023: Registration Opens
- November 15, 2023: Case Materials Available (Must be registered and all fees paid to receive case materials)
- December 15, 2023: Registration Closes
- February 10, 2024: Eastern Idaho Regional
- February 24, 2024: North Idaho Regional Competition
- March 2, 2024: Treasure Valley Regional Competition
- March 13 and 14, 2024: State Competition Quarterfinal Rounds
- March 15, 2024: Idaho Mock Trial Championship Round
- May 2 to 5, 2024: National Mock Trial Championship in Wilmington, Delaware
Check us out online!