Through participation in the Idaho High School Mock Trial Competition, high school students from all parts of Idaho are given a hands-on opportunity to examine the legal process and current legal issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case. For more information, see the Mock Trial Information Sheet. For questions, contact Carey Shoufler.
- September 3, 2019: Early Registration Opens
- November 1 and 2: Mock Trial Teacher Training in Boise (must apply to attend)
- November 15, 2019: Case Materials Available (Must be registered to receive)
- November 15, 2019: Early Registration Ends
- January 15, 2020: Final Registration Deadline
- February 8, 2020: Regional Competition in Idaho Falls
- February 22, 2020: Regional Competition in Lewiston and/or Coeur d’Alene
- March 7, 2020: Regional Competition in Caldwell
- March 18 to 20, 2020: State Competition in Boise
- May 6 to 9, 2020: National Mock Trial Championship in Evansville, IN
Check us out online!