Through participation in mock trial students are given a hands-on opportunity to examine legal processes and issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross-examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case.
For more information, see the Mock Trial Information Sheet. For questions, contact Carey Shoufler.
- September 12, 2022: Registration Opens
- November 17, 2022: Case Materials Available (Must be registered and all fees paid to receive case materials)
- December 20, 2022: Registration Closes
- February 25, 2023: North Idaho Regional Competition
- March 4, 2023: Treasure Valley Regional Competition
- March 15 and 16, 2023: State Competition Quarterfinal Rounds
- March 17, 2023: Idaho Mock Trial Championship Round
- May 18 to 20, 2023: National Mock Trial Championship in Little Rock, Arkansas
Check us out online!