Through participation in Idaho High School Mock Trial, Idaho high school students are given a hands-on opportunity to examine legal processes and issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross-examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case. In 2021, all mock trial activities will be held virtually. For more information, see the Mock Trial Information Sheet. For questions, contact Carey Shoufler.
- September 1, 2020: Registration Opens
- November 16, 2020: Case Materials Available (Must be registered to receive)
- December 31, 2020: Registration Closes
- February 1 to March 6, 2021: Preliminary Regional Rounds
- March 18 and 19, 2021: State Competition Quarterfinal Rounds
- March 20, 2021: Idaho Mock Trial Championship Round
- May 13 to 15, 2021: National Mock Trial Championship
Check us out online!