Through participation in mock trial students are given a hands-on opportunity to examine legal processes and issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross-examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case.
- September 12, 2022: Registration Opens
- November 17, 2022: Case Materials Available (Must be registered and all fees paid to receive case materials)
- December 20, 2022: Registration Closes
- February 11, 2023: Eastern Idaho Regional Competition
- February 25, 2023: North Idaho Regional Competition
- March 4, 2023: Treasure Valley Regional Competition
- March 15 and 16, 2023: State Competition Quarterfinal Rounds
- March 17, 2023: Idaho Mock Trial Championship Round
- May 18 to 20, 2023: National Mock Trial Championship in Little Rock, Arkansas
Check us out online!