Through participation in Idaho High School Mock Trial, Idaho high school students are given a hands-on opportunity to examine legal processes and issues, while they develop important critical thinking and presentation skills through a hypothetical legal case. In real courtrooms, before real judges and attorneys, teams try their cases – from opening statements, through direct and cross-examination, to closing arguments, each team has its own attorneys and witnesses and must be ready to present either side of the case.
In 2022, mock trial regional rounds will be held virtually and the state competition is tentatively scheduled to take place in person in Boise. For more information, see the Mock Trial Information Sheet. For questions, contact Carey Shoufler.
- September 15, 2021: Registration Opens
- November 15, 2021: Case Materials Available (Must be registered and all fees paid to receive case materials)
- December 17, 2021: Registration Closes
- January 17 to February 24, 2022: Virtual Regional Rounds
- February 25, 2022: Announcement of Teams Qualifying for the State Competition
- March 17 and 18, 2022: State Competition Quarterfinal Rounds
- March 19, 2022: Idaho Mock Trial Championship Round
- May 5 to 7, 2022: National Mock Trial Championship in Kalamazoo, MI
Check us out online!