The Advocate is the official publication of the Idaho State Bar. The Advocate features articles written by attorneys on topics of interest to members of the legal community. It also provides up-to-date information regarding policy and rule changes, Bar and Foundation programs, CLE information and membership, and court information. A 12-member Editorial Advisory Board of lawyers and judges provides impetus, oversight, and review of each monthly issue. Each issue is sponsored by one of the Bar’s area of law sections, or by special interest groups such as the Idaho Legal History Society.
Over 5,900 copies are circulated the first week of each month to the Bar’s attorneys and judges, to inactive members in other states, and to law libraries across the country. It is published nine (9) times a year, and usually mails within the first week of the month. It is not published in July or December. Online versions are also available.
The Desk Book Directory is a special supplement to The Advocate, and is mailed in April. It contains the Idaho State Bar Commission Rules (IBCR), the Idaho Bar Commission Rules (IBCR), the Idaho Judicial Rules, and the Rules of the Idaho Judicial Conduct. It also contains information about the judicial districts, as well as, demographic information for attorneys and judges.
- Nearly 5,800 listings – lawyers, firms, addresses, phone and fax numbers
- Attorney Fields of Practice to help with referrals for specific areas of law
- Federal, state and district court information
- Idaho State Bar Commission Rules, Idaho State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct, Idaho Judicial Council Rules, and Idaho Judicial Code
- Idaho State Bar and Idaho Law Foundation information
- Law–Related Agencies and Services
- Advertising Directory