Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program: Be Someone’s Hero
- Help low-income people in Idaho with their critical legal needs
- Fulfill your obligation to provide pro bono services
- Gain experience in various areas of the law
- Enhance your reputation as providing service for your community
- Register to get involved in pro bono! Idaho Pro Bono Opportunities
We’ll Be Your Sidekick
- IVLP screens applicants for financial and case-type eligibility
- You will be matched with eligible applicants
- IVLP can connect you with a mentor and other tools to help when it’s a new area of law for you
- IVLP provides malpractice insurance
- IVLP clients receive an automatic filing fee waiver
- IVLP will help find resources for costs
- IVLP will provide a custody case tool kit and some CLE training for free
- Guardianships for children, and developmentally delayed or incapacitated adults
- Family law cases
- Wills and probates in special circumstances
- Representing Guardians Ad Litem for victims in Child Protection Act cases
- A variety of civil legal services for victims of sexual assault or domestic violence
- Defense for debt collection in appropriate cases
IVLP does not accept cases in the following areas: fee generating matters, criminal matters, patent/copyrights, and similar specialized areas.
NEW Opportunity~ Assist small businesses in Idaho through our Volunteer Lawyers for Emerging Businesses program.
Find Out What It Takes
Other opportunities for participation in IVLP projects include Advice and Consultation clinics at senior and community centers, or serving as a volunteer to assist veterans, immigrants, grandparents, new parents etc... You could also volunteer to mentor in specific areas of the law by advising other attorneys who accept pro bono referrals.
Fill out the IVLP Pro Bono Pledge and let us know exactly how you would like to help. Email the form to email@example.com, FAX it to us at (208) 334-4515 or mail to IVLP, PO Box 895, Boise, ID 83701-0895.