Official Government Website

For the Public

I think I need an attorney, but I don’t know what questions to ask or what to look for.

The Idaho State Bar provides a Lawyer Referral Service both online or by calling (208) 334-4500. You will be asked about your unique situation and matched with an attorney who handles your kind of case. The fee for a referral is $35 unless the cases are personal injury, medical malpractice or workers’ compensation which receive a free referral. After the initial consultation, any further fees are to be negotiated between the lawyer and client.

I’m unhappy with my attorney and believe he/she is acting out of line. What can I do?

A grievance against an attorney must be submitted in writing, unless prior approval is received in special circumstances. The Complaint Form Packet is available online in PDF format. If you are unable to open and print the PDF version, contact Bar Counsel’s Office to request a copy by mail.

You may also with to view our Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Filing a Grievance Against an Attorney.

I can’t afford an attorney. What are my options?

If you are low income and need a lawyer for a civil matter, the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program (IVLP) may be able to help. You will be asked a series of questions to determine if you are income eligible. Fill out the IVLP Application Form and submit it to Anna Almerico.

Loading… Loading…

ver: 3.2.60 | last updated: