Sponsored by the Concordia University School of Law, Idaho State Bar Diversity Section and Idaho Women Lawyers
**Live Webcast Available via WebEX
3.5 CLE credits of which 2.0 are Ethics
Registration begins at 12:30 p.m.
Concordia University School of Law
501 W. Front St. – Boise
Please use Broad Street Atrium (entrance on Broad Street between 5th and 6th Streets)
Celebrate Constitution Day by attending a summit for discussion on protecting Constitutional rights and combating bias.
Three panels will address the problem of implicit bias, gender bias and bias in the criminal justice system. Offering a variety of perspectives, this Summit aims to explore the problem of bias and to examine the many ways it may impact both the legal profession and our system of justice. Speakers include:
- Det. Blake Slater, Special Victims Unit, Boise Police Department
- Niki Flock, Victim Witness Coordinator, Boise Police Department
- McKay Cunningham, Associate Professor, Concordia University School of Law
- Latonia Haney Keith, Interim Dean and Associate Dean of Academics, Concordia University School of Law
- Jodi Nafzger, Associate Professor, Concordia University School of Law
- Kraig Smikel, Boise City Attorney’s Office
- Abby Thiry, Canyon County Public Defender’s Office
- Kelly Dermody, Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
- Pam Howland, Idaho Employment Lawyers
The event will end with a reception from 4:30 to 5:45.
The event is free but you must register to attend. We hope you will join us for this important discussion.
After you have registered for the webcast CLE via the link below, please return to this page and follow the instructions below:
Summit on Combating Bias & Protecting Constitutional Rights
The webcast will begin at 1:00 p.m. (MDT) on September 17th. Please join the webcast via Webex by clicking HERE. You will need to type in your name and an email address to access the content, but you will not need to create an account.
You can access the audio for the webcast via your computer or by dialing : +1-415-655-0003 and using the Access Code: 803 370 467.
Questions for the panelists during the discussion can be emailed to Professor Summer Chandler.
***Please keep in mind that this is not the same system that the Idaho State Bar uses for its on-demand and webcast courses and so the ISB will not automatically get notice of your completion of this course for MCLE purposes. After the course please register your attendance by downloading and completing this self-verification form. After you have signed the form and entered your bar number, email it to Calle Belodoff at email@example.com.