July 2016 Idaho State Bar Examination
The combined admission ceremony for the Idaho Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court of Idaho will be held on Thursday, October 6, 2016, at 4:00 p.m. at the Boise Centre at 850 W. Front St., Boise, ID 83702.
*Please note the room has changed from the House Chambers to the Lincoln Room.
New admittees must report at 3:00 p.m. and will be asked to stay in an assigned area. Guests do not need to arrive before 3:30 p.m. The ceremony will last approximately one hour. A reception will follow for new admittees and guests. This ceremony is a joint court session with the Idaho Supreme Court and the United States District Court; therefore, admittees must wear proper courtroom attire. Cameras are allowed.
Complete information concerning the admission ceremony, including all necessary paperwork, will be mailed to all successful applicants on September 15, 2016.
You must continue to update your application prior to admission with any relevant information that would change any of the responses or supplemental information in your application.
Please keep the Admissions Department informed of any address changes so that the confirmation letter and licensing materials can be mailed to your correct address.
RSVP for the October 6, 2016 Admissions Ceremony by completing the Online RSVP Form.
- Completed license forms including the License Fee Notice and Trust Account Certificate (active members).
- Payment of $135.00 ($115.00 License Fee plus the $20.00 Client Assistance Fund Assessment).
- The above must be completed online using the New Admittee Online Licensing program or received in the Idaho State Bar office by September 29, 2016. Note - if you complete your licensing online, you do not need to submit the ISB licensing forms, but you still need to submit the RSVP.
Mail or Deliver to:
Idaho State Bar
P.O. Box 895
Boise, ID 83701-0895
Idaho State Bar
525 West Jefferson
Boise, ID 83702
Contact the Licensing Department at (208) 334-4500 if you have questions about the Idaho State Bar licensing paperwork.
Idaho Supreme Court Admission Requirements
Bring $25.00 cash or check, to the Admission Ceremony for your Certificates. Make checks payable to the Idaho Supreme Court. If paying cash, bring exactly $25.00. Change will not be available.
If you are unable to appear on October 6, 2016, please call the Idaho Supreme Court at (208) 334-2210 to reschedule your admission date. Following certification of eligibility for admission to the Idaho Supreme Court, Applicants must appear in person before the Idaho Supreme Court within 6 months to take the oath of admission. See Idaho Bar Commission Rule 220.
Required for the United States Courts, District of Idaho Requirements
- Petition for Admission form
- Oath on Admission form
- $200.00 Admission Fee (Make checks payable to the U.S. District Court.)
- The admission paperwork for the U.S. District Court of Idaho will be included in the successful applicant packet and is available online at http://id.uscourts.gov/Content_Fetcher/index.cfml/Petition_for_Admission_868.pdf?Content_ID=868. If you plan on being admitted to the U.S. District Court of Idaho, the Court must receive your paperwork and fee by September 29, 2016.
Mail or Deliver to:
US Courts, District of Idaho
550 West Fort Street, Suite 400
Boise, ID 83724
If you have any questions about the US District Court of Idaho admission requirements, please contact Zach Springer at (208) 334-9009.