Welcome to the Fourth District Bar Association! The largest of the seven district bar associations comprising the Idaho State Bar, the Fourth District is comprised of more than 1,700 lawyers residing in Ada, Boise, Elmore and Valley Counties. Lawyers automatically become members of the Fourth District Bar Association when they become members of the Idaho State Bar and reside in the above geographical areas. The Fourth District is administered by a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and immediate past-president (who is a non-voting member). The Fourth District is extremely active annually sponsoring such activities as the Spring Case Review, Law Day Activities, the Liberty Bell Award and the Bar Resolution Meeting (Roadshow) in November.
Many lawyers rely upon the Fourth District’s monthly Morning CLE program to learn about new developments in the law. For a nominal fee, expert speakers provide new insights into Idaho law. Social events are important to the Fourth District, and we annually sponsor such events as the Spring Fling golf tournament and barbecue and, every other year, the Barrister’s Ball dinner and dance. The Fourth District is currently seeking suggestions from members about future activities.
The Fourth District receives many requests for charitable donations and is developing a grant process to ensure that money is given only for legitimate law related causes. The Fourth District continues to help fund the Citizens’ Law Academy and provides an officer/liaison to the CLA. The Fourth District annually provides nominations for the Idaho State Bar’s professionalism, service, pro bono and various judicial awards and solicits the nominations of its members for these awards. Two of its members currently serve on the District’s Magistrate Commission.
The work of the Fourth District is accomplished by the volunteer efforts of its hundreds of individual members, officers and chairpersons, and is generously assisted by many staff members of the Idaho State Bar. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed! Please contact the current District Bar President or any of the officers listed on this page.
Philip M. Bevis
Bevis, Thiry & Schindele, PA
PO Box 827
Boise, ID 83701
Phone: (208) 345-1040
Fax: (208) 345-0365
Sarah Q. Simmons
1702 W. Fairview Avenue
Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 938-6723 ext. 717
Stephen A. Stokes
Idaho National Guard
3882 W. Ellsworth Street, Bldg. 440
Boise, ID 83705
Phone: (208) 272-3573
Alidjani Law, PLLC
1775 W. State Street, #308
Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 284-9657
- Morning CLE Committee – This committee organizes morning CLE’s, usually an hour long on any topic of interest, offered to members of the 4th District. Morning CLEs usually occur once every two months.
- Bench & Bar Committee – This committee assists in organizing and conducting periodic luncheons bringing together members of 4th District bench and bar members. This activity provides a forum for understanding new developments in the courts, presenting new cooperative projects and generally enjoying a more relaxed opportunity to get to know each other better.
- Citizen’s Law Academy Committee – This committee assists in the operation of a 10-week community education program originally devised and sponsored by the Idaho State Bar. This very successful program, taught by volunteer attorneys and judges from the 4th District, provides an overview of the legal system for non-lawyer community members. Class sizes are usually between 25 and 30. The program materials are fully developed and presenters are pre-scheduled through the ISB. Committee members organize materials, select and correspond with class members and introduce presenters.
- Spring Case Review Committee – This committee organizes our Spring Case Review and annual meeting. The Spring Case Review CLE brings together attorneys skilled in specific areas of the law who provide overviews of new case decisions, legislation or other legal developments in their respective areas of expertise.
- Law Day Committee – The Law Day Committee works in conjunction with the Idaho State Bar in organizing and implementing Law Day activities such as the very popular “Ask a Lawyer” program, lawyers and judges in the classroom and the “Liberty Bell Award.” Law day is usually on May 1st.
- Spring Fling Committee – Where the serious work gets done… This committee organizes and conducts our annual golf outing – a six-person scramble with great prizes, a barbecue and a number of other “games of skill.
If you are interested in taking part in any of these committees, or other 4th District Bar activities, please contact one of the district bar officers. GET INVOLVED!
Friday, June 2, 2017
8:30 a.m. (MT)
Warm Springs Golf Course
2495 E. Warm Springs Ave. – Boise, ID
$450.00 per team
Format will be a shotgun start at 8:30. We are limited to 28 teams. First-come, first.served.
- Deadline for entries is May 12, 2017.
- Entry fee is $450.00/team – Team captain must send one check (payable to 4th District Bar Association)
- Fee includes green fee, 3 carts per team, lunch, drink tickets, hats & putting tournament. Lunch will be served after golf for all participants.
- First round of putting contest after you complete hole #3 with finals after lunch.
- Individuals without a team may notify the organizers and we will try to match you with a needy team. Send no money; you will need to pay the captain of you team.
- Absolutely no outside alcohol permitted.
Registration for this event has passed.
If any member wishes to utilize a conference room or hearing room at the Ada County Courthouse for any of these purposes, please contact the Trial Court Administrator’s office at 287-7500. Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.